Citizens for Shakespeare
STC’s Free for All invites everyone to enjoy Shakespeare for free, but we recognize that there are a variety of obstacles that make it challenging for many community and social service groups to attend. Citizens for Shakespeare supports these incredible organizations by inviting them to participate in Free for All without waiting in line or securing a ticket through the online lottery. Citizens for Shakespeare organizations receive advanced ticket reservations, play guides, guaranteed seating for all participants and recognition from the stage as special guests of the Shakespeare Theatre Company.
Citizens for Shakespeare tickets are available for the following dates:
- Thursday, July 11, 7:30 p.m. performance
- Saturday, July 13, 2 p.m. performance
- Sunday, July 14, 2 p.m. performance
- Thursday, July 18, 7:30 p.m. performance
- Friday, July 19, 8 p.m. performance
- Saturday, July 20, 2 p.m. performance
- Saturday, July 20, 8 p.m. performance
- Sunday, July 21, 2 p.m. performance
- Sunday, July 21, 7 p.m. performance
Who are Citizens for Shakespeare?
This program is not for general group reservations. Citizens for Shakespeare groups are selected through an application process and priority consideration is given to community and social service organizations such as: Big Brothers Big Sisters, Community Family Life Services, N Street Village, TheArc, Friends of Guest House. While we also invite school groups and summer camps to attend, we encourage teachers to explore our SHAKESPEARIENCE Student Matinee programs as reduced-price ticketing is offered throughout the 2019-2020 season.
Important Notes for Citizens for Shakespeare:
- To qualify for Citizens for Shakespeare, your group must have at least 10 attendees. STC Education reserves the right to determine whether your organization qualifies.
- Each group must have at least 10 attendees, and may reserve no more than 30 tickets.
- For groups including young people, there must be at least 1 adult (18 and older) for every 10 young people.
- Group reservations are not guaranteed until you receive written confirmation from STC Education via email.
- Group Leaders will be notified by July 8 with the numbers of tickets their group has been allotted.
- Only select dates are available for Citizens for Shakespeare reservations.
- By requesting tickets for your group, you agree to serve as the group leader. All correspondence and/or communication must come directly from you. It is your responsibility to pick up and distribute all of your group’s tickets on the day of your performance.
- Tickets will not be mailed. Your tickets will be available for pickup at Sidney Harman Hall two (2) hours prior to the performance start time. Tickets will be held by the Education staff in the Citizens for Shakespeare designated area inside the lobby of Sidney Harman Hall. Because of the large numbers of attendees, the box office cannot hold portions of your group’s tickets for latecomers. All tickets returned to the box office are redistributed to the public.
- If Citizens for Shakespeare tickets are not picked up 15 minutes before the performance start time, they will be released and distributed to the public. The great demand for tickets for these performances means that this deadline will be strictly enforced.
- If you or any member of your group needs special accommodations or assistance, please inform us when you send in your reservation request.
Ready to apply?
Please click on the button below to submit your organization’s request
no later than June 30.