Share the excitement of live performance with your students through the SHAKESPEARIENCE Student Matinee Program. SHAKESPEARIENCE is designed to give students and teachers access to classical theatre on stage, deepening their study of literature, drama and language in the classroom and fostering appreciation for the performing arts.
Each participating class receives:
- Reduced-price tickets
- A pre-show workshop in your classroom to prepare students to see the play and to deepen their understanding of the production. (Workshop is required.)
- Curriculum guides to support teaching the play and reflecting on the production. Click here to view our Curriculum Guide archive.
- A post-show discussion with the cast immediately following the performance.
- Two free professional development workshops that will provide performance-based strategies for teaching Shakespeare in the classroom.
- Free tickets to a teacher preview of the show before the student matinee.
2018-2019 SHAKESPEARIENCE Student Matinees
- Beech Street Foundation
- DC Commission on the Arts & Humanities, which receives support from the National Endowment for the Arts
- Paul M. Angell Family Foundation
- Venable Foundation
- Suzanne and Glenn Youngkin
- Shakespeare in American Communities
- Marshall B. Coyne Foundation
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP