The Young Professionals Consortium
The Young Professionals Consortium’s (YPC) mission is to cultivate an appreciation for theatre among young professionals in the Washington, D.C. area through the productions of the Shakespeare Theatre Company (STC).
HOW WE WORK
STC invites local young professionals to be a part of the YPC. Members meet with each other and STC staff once a month to discuss ways to reach out to young professionals and plan YPC events. These events correspond to and supplement the plays in STC’s production season and should help to develop a fuller understanding of the shows for young professionals in a fun and social setting.
Membership is voluntary and open-ended but contingent on active participation. YPC members are expected at a minimum to:
- Sell at least 20 tickets per season.
- Regularly attend YPC meetings
- Actively participate in at least one Leadership Committee*
- Leverage their social and professional networks to increase participation in the YPC and/or STC
- Regularly attend STC performances and events
- Encourage new membership to the group
*The YPC consists of two Leadership Committees, the Programming Committee and the Marketing and Outreach Committee. Members choose which committee they would like to join.
- Behind-the-scenes Backstage Tour of an STC production
- Pre-Show Discussion with our staff dramaturg
- Wine Tasting and show discussion
- Attendance at an STC Open Rehearsal
- Attendance at an STC Invited Dress Rehearsal
Want to join the YPC or just learn more? Join our Mailing List.